Contents - Index

Owner Registration


The information on this screen is also used as the default electronic / magnetic media transmitter when generating an electronic / magnetic media file.  


With respect to the question "Acting as a service bureau", you should answer YES if you will be filing on behalf of other payors.


A transmitter control code is required for 1099's and 1098's only.  If you need to apply for one, please click on the following link:


Application for Transmitter Control Code  



A PIN is required if you will be filing W-2 forms electronically.  You can apply for a PIN online at  A PIN is considered the same as a password.


Click here to be taken to the online registration section on the SSA website.



or click here for other methods to apply for an EIN number